UIII offers you unparalleled academic opportunities and experiences. Find out about the UIII Scholarships requirements and what you will need to present based on your academic background.
The UIII Scholarships are awarded to high-caliber individuals who demonstrate academic excellence, present excellent co-curricular activities record and exhibit outstanding leadership qualities. UIII graduates are expected to contribute significantly to their society and emerge as dynamic global leaders who are capable of effecting a positive change to society. UIII upholds the highest standards of fairness, and place the highest value upon ideals of scholarly responsibility. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
UIII scholarship is bond-free.
Potential students of master’s and doctoral programs must fulfill the following academic qualifications:
- Priority is given to those who have a strong and relevant academic background from national higher education institutions with A-grade accreditation, or from international higher education institutions with a very good reputation in the relevant department.
- MA programs: the minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) for potential students is 3.0 out of 4.0 for social sciences or 2.8 out of 4.0 for natural sciences to be admitted to the master’s program.
- PhD programs: the minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) for potential students is 3.5 out of 4.0 for social sciences or 3.2 out of 4.0 for natural sciences to be admitted to the doctoral program;
- Pass the Academic Potential Test (Tes Potensi Akademik - TPA).
Priority is given to those who have a strong and relevant academic background from national higher education institutions with A-grade accreditation, or from international higher education institutions with a very good reputation in the relevant department.
- Language instruction will be in English, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency, which is mandatory for all study programs.
- Potential students must provide evidence of English proficiency with certification taken no more than 12 months prior to application submission in the form of: A paper based, internet-based, or computer-based TOEFL certificate or; an IELTS certificate.
- Exclusively for the Faculty of Islamic Studies, you are required to have an Arabic Language Proficiency Certificate, in the form of TOAFL.
In case you need further information for English and Arabic Proficiency tests, please use the following websites:
It is mandatory for all university applicants to provide an English Language Proficiency Certificate in the form of TOEFL or IELTS taken no more than 12 months prior to application submission. Only for the Faculty of Islamic Studies where potential students must provide an Arabic Language Proficiency Certificate in the form of TOAFL.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
UIII offers subject-based scholarships for both Indonesian and international students.
Each applicant is eligible for funding made available through UIII's Indonesian Ministry of Religious Affairs (MORA) as well as UIII's international partnerships with external organizations.
For the 2021 academic year, UIII will offer approximately 100 subject-based full scholarships for both Indonesian and international students.
Each of applicant is eligible for funding made available through UIII's scholarships and in the future the UIII scholarship scheme will be expanded through Indonesian government funds and UIII's international partnerships with external organizations.
If you are awarded a scholarship, you must meet conditions attached to your academic offer. A scholarship will only be awarded subject to meeting all the conditions attached to your offer to study at UIII.
Key dates and deadlines
- A successful admissions process depends a lot on meeting deadlines. Find out all the important dates for your admissions application.
- The following are the key dates for application to each academic year. Please note that there are separate dates for MA and PhD admissions rounds.
Key dates for 2021 Academic Year
All deadlines are midnight WIB (Waktu Indonesia Barat, Western Indonesian Time) at the end of the day on the date indicated. Also note that all dates are in 2021, unless otherwise noted.
- June 7th – July 7th -> UIII Scholarships and Registration.
- August 7th - 21st -> Enrolled Student E-Registration.
- August 7th - 25th -> Registered Student Validation.
- August 3rd - 5th -> Induction.
- August 8th - September 7th -> Matriculation.
- September 1st - December 17th -> Fall Semester Academic Year 2021.
- October 18th - 22nd -> Midterms.
- December 7th - 11th -> Winter Break.
- December 13th - 17th -> Finals.
Instructions to All Future Applicants
Please read the following to prepare yourself for the scholarship application requirements. You will need to get the following transcripts and documents ready in PDF before you proceed:
- Your most recent University Degree.
- Transcripts in English or Bahasa Indonesian (Secondary / Pre – University; University; Post Graduate – if any). If your transcripts are not in English, please ensure that they are officially translated before you submit. Any transcripts that do not meet the above requirements will be rejected and your submission will be disqualified.
- Your most current Curriculum Vitae.
- Your Statement of Purpose or Personal Statement (approx. 1,500 words). This statement must be about 1,500 words and it must include: the subject / topic that you wish to study; why this topic interests you and; how it will be useful to your career in the future.
- Your TOEFL or IELTS (English Scores) / TOAFL (Arabic Scores only for Islamic Studies) language test score results.
- 2 Referees willing to fill out our form, that recommends you to be enrolled in Universitas Islam Internasional Indonesia.
For More Information
Indonesian Visa: https://www.imigrasi.go.id/
Need More Information?
Send us an enquiry and one of our friendly team members will get back to you.
Contact Person: M. Kadafi +62 81283889454